Let us help you turn your business idea into a reality!
If you have a good idea for a new business venture but don’t have expertise in the legal or financial aspects of creating a new business, we can help you:
• Decide on the most suitable structure for your business – sole trader, partnership, family trust, unit trust, self managed superannuation fund (SMSF) or a limited company.
• Complete company registration procedures with Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
• Set up family trust or unit rust.
• Register for an Australian Business Number with the ATO.
• Prepare a business plan, cash flow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts.
• Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals.
• Establish a good working relationship with your bank.
• Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements.
Company legislation requires businesses to perform many administration tasks that take up a lot of valuable company time. The last thing you need as a business owner is to be stressed out trying to ensure you are complying with Corporate Laws.
The possible threat of penalties for failing to keep up with the changing rules is too great a risk to take.
At Syed Partners we are able to relieve this burden for you. Our services include:
• General advice on company law
• Company formations
• Filing of annual returns on your behalf
• Preparation of all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
• Maintenance of statutory books
• Assistance in changes of directors, shareholders, addresses, and office details
• Share transfers
• Registered Office Facility
A trust provides a valuable way of protecting the assets you have accumulated for the benefit of others.
We have extensive experience and so are able to offer specialist advice on Trust formation, ensuring that all statutory requirements are met. Obligations for trustees can often be onerous, and our assistance in Trust administration will also be invaluable. We are able to:
• Attend to the special requirements involved in reporting for Trusts
• Trust administration
• Minute keeping service
• Annual accounts
• Asset management
• Investment monitoring
• Income distribution
Acquisitions and Mergers
There are many scenarios in which you might wish to attain a business enterprise. Whatever the situation, we are able to take the stress out and maximise the opportunity for you.
Whether you are considering buying a business or merging with another business, we have the experience and the expertise you need. We ask the right questions, and find the necessary answers.
Are you getting a good deal? Is the business right for you? Can you afford it? Have all avenues for future growth been investigated?
The services we provide incorporate every stage of the process. This includes:
• A review of your goals and objectives
• Due diligence services
• Preparation of financial forecasts
• Advice on potential pitfalls and rewards involved in a merger
• Assistance with purchase negotiations
• Advice on financing
• Assistance with preparation of a business plan
Calling on the skills of professionals means you will be far less likely to purchase an unsuitable business. Let Syed Partners show you how our experience can save you from stress, and provide you with the great opportunity a business acquisition or merger can be.
Have you ever wondered how your business performs compared to your competitors? Are you spending enough on advertising? Are you paying too much rent? Are your staff costs too high? What is the average bottom line of your competitors?
Survival in today’s business climate requires you to spend more time working on your business rather than in the business.
We can provide you with accurate, timely and informative benchmarking reports – allowing you to:
• See how your business compares against your competitors
• Understand how the rest of your industry works
• Analyse the key performance indicators of your industry
• Armed with this information, we’ll work with you to develop action strategies to improve your bottom line.
A good budget is a necessity in a good business plan. It is one of the best business tools we have, allowing us to set financial targets and measure our performance.
In addition to goal setting value, budgets will often improve your chances of acquiring funding. Lenders often require budgets as a prerequisite for funding approval.
The techniques we utilize in the formation of financial projections will allow you to consider future scenarios and give you goals to strive for in your business. There are many types of budgets and we can help you design the right budget for your needs and requirements.
Let us show you how a budget is able to provide feedback to allow you to prepare for the future of your business.
Selling a Business
Selling a business can be a difficult, often disheartening time. In this state the tasks involved in selling a business can seem particularly arduous. Here at Syed Partners we are able to relieve that stress for you.
The services we provide in relation to organising the selling of a business include:
• Obtaining comparative results
• Establishing a realistic sale price
• Taking the business to the market
• Negotiating with potential purchasers
• Drafting a contract
• Our friendly and professional staff are able to assist in such a way that a maximum return for your business can be achieved.
In ensuring the long term success of your business, it is critical to establish a well-designed succession plan. Coordination of the transition of your business to your successors can be an arduous process. However, with our years of experience we can address the complex issues of business continuation, taking the stress off your shoulders.
The pressures of daily business can often mean strategic planning takes a back seat – but to have a successful business you must plan ahead.
We’ll help you establish a strategic plan that looks at where you want your business to be in the next 3-5 years and exactly how you and your team can achieve these aims and objectives.
Your strategic plan will:
• Define the characteristics of your company in three to five years
• Identify your competitors
• Define your objectives and financial goals
• Put in place an effective implementation plan to achieve your goals
An independent valuation provides you with answers to the questions you often need to ask about the value of a business or property. Am I getting the best price for the sale of my business? Is the asking price too much?
We are trained and experienced in business valuations and are able to provide you with simple guidelines and formulae for evaluating the worth of a business.